Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 5, Montreal to Niagara Falls

Today was the longest travel day so far. We left our campsite at around 11am and arrived in Niagara Falls around 10pm. Pulling a 5000 pound trailer behind a 2001 Dodge Ram means I have to stay under the posted speed limit. If it wasn't for going up and down mountains we might be able to speed a tad.



View Larger Map


We had lunch today at the Fifth Wheel Trucker Stop. First time for that. The food was decent, well better than we expected.
  • 2 - Cups of bottomless coffee
  • 5 - Sunny side up eggs
  • 5 - Pieces of french toast
  • 5 - Sausage links
  • 5 - Strips of bacon
 All for $25 + tip. Not bad and King enjoyed the scraps. 

Note for today: Boarder crossing and me don't mix. I felt like I was being interrogated.  Every question I answered was followed by "Why". 
BA:  What were you doing in Canada? 
ME:  Traveling. On a road trip.
BA:  Why?
ME:   Uhhhh, because we wanted to and we had the time.
 BA:  Where are you going on your road trip? Coming from and to where?
ME:  Throughout Canada and the US. Montreal to Niagara Falls.
BA: Are you going back into Canada?
ME: Yea, Vancouver
BA: Why did you leave Canada?
ME: Uhhhhhhh? (because there is a whole country in between that we wanted to see)
There were countless other questions and smart remarks from the Boarder Agent. He acted as though he has never seen people on a road trip. I have to admit that I didn't help the situation but that's my nature I guess. Jean was laughing at me as we pulled away. The moral of the story, answer their questions with as little words as possible and don't bring me through a border crossing. We still have to cross in and out of Canada one more time.

Jean will posting tomorrow about Day 4 - Montreal. We had a great time a must see for anyone.

             Miles  = 422
      Road Time = 11 hours
                Gas  = $120.01
               Tolls  = $17.95
  States Driven  =  NY, Canada -Quebec and Ontario ,
       Starbucks  = NONE
          Roadkill  = 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line from time to time.