Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 4- Montreal

We woke up Friday morning to clouds and rain, so we decided to take it slow and make some breakfast and coffee.  Side note: I swear there was a mini earthquake in the middle of the night, but I only saw one documented in New Hampshire, so maybe it was a low flying plane shaking the trailer.  We were staying at the KOA in St. Philippe de LaPrarie, which was about 20 minutes outside the city of Montreal.  At about 1 pm the rain stopped and the clouds were clearing so we headed out to the city.  Kenny and I only took one wrong turn getting there, and I think that's pretty good considering all of the road signs were in French!

We spent the day wandering around Vieux Montreal (the historic district) and the downtown area.  The cobblestone streets and alleys of Vieux Montreal are lined with little cafes, art galleries, and shops.  Tres romantique!



The dowtown area was more trendy with recognizable stores like Old Navy, McDonalds, H&M but still predominantly French.  I noticed that more people were speaking English in that area of town.  Montreal is full of young hot fashionistas! I immediately realized that I looked like a tourist.  My clothes were too colorful and too bright.  I was seeing a lot of little leather jackets, boots, and dark colors.  I was sticking out like a sore thumb in my jeans, white sneakers, and lime green long sleeve t-shirt so I ended up buying a dark hoodie from H&M so I would feel less self-conscious.



 After walking and shopping for a few hours, we got dinner and drinks at a local brewary.  The amber beer was delicious!  The food was good too- typical bar food with a little French flare.  Kenny had a regular burger and I had a pesto burger- with chicken, goat cheese, and pesto sauce- Yum!  Overall, our day in Montreal was chilly but lovely.  The people were happy and friendly and would always try to speak English to accomodate us even if they were not fluent.  Hope to visit the city again soon!  La Fin.



             Miles  = 45
      Road Time = 1.5 hours
                Gas  = $81.65
               Tolls  = $0.00
       Starbucks  = once

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line from time to time.